Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fabric Tuesday


Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story. I don't think I can manage to link up to Fabric Tuesday and WiP in one week! Not yet at least.

So I decided to drop the peppermint looking pink fabric for the Hello Kitty Quilt and found some lovely solid pastel pink that goes quite well with the pink of the Hello Kitty fabric. The solid was one of my earliest buys from Okalipuram. I'm always thrilled with something you buy waits on the shelf for a while and then much later becomes the perfect fit for a quilt. A little like life don't you think?



I love this fabric. The flowers just pop out at you! I made this as a Thank You for my friend Nidhi who designed my Happy Turtle logo for me. She loved it and I think her daughter has already stolen the bag from her... or is at least trying to. :)

                                     
 










And this little wall hanging is also for Nidhi. She's got it up on her board at work she tells me. :) My first try at some free motion quilting.

Ok. After Susan's comment I guess I must say that I did practice on scrap cloth before I took this on. :)

10 comments:

  1. I think your wall hanging is wonderful. And your FMQ is fantastic for a first time. Mine looked like the machine had got a life of its own the first time I tried!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan. :) I did practice on spare cloth before I did it for real. So may its not my very first time...:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wall hanging, the bright colors are fantastic. My 9 year old is drawing out a quilt block (on paper) that she wants to try and show, I must show her this one. I know it will be inspiring for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kirsten and Jeanette.

    Jeanette... would love to see your child's quilt block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far, she is drawing it out on paper, then we`ll have to figure it out on fabric. It may be a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Wow for your wall hanging...like the free motion quilting and the color combination, your friend must be happy to have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was your first try? It turned out so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love the quilts! The colours are so nice! It's so nice to find quilters from the other side of the world! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete