Friday, March 18, 2011

Machine is taking a break!

I've had a not so good day today with my sewing. :( These banners (wall-hangings as I used to call them) are really giving me some trouble. I noticed that the glue on the yellow letters was showing through and I don't know if it will go with the dry-cleaning. So, I decided to rip it out and redo. Yes, this is the third re-do but thankfully this time I'm not starting over. I read on someone else's blog the other day (can't remember who) that you should never be afraid to use your seam ripper. I guess sometimes you just have to till its right. Can't let something go out when you're not happy with it yourself. Also, think I need to add a little more detailing to the animal figures. They seem a little plain. So I have been ripping seams.
And we have had no power all afternoon.
Now that it is back, my machine seems to have taken a break. The lever that brings the presser-foot down does not work anymore. So I gotta make a trip to the Commercial Street Singer store and get it fixed. I hope they can do it quick... I can't afford the lost time!
Damn, I need another machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment