Monday, February 7, 2011

Calming breaths

I went into my studio this morning in a rush. I have been feeling that I have not been putting enough hours at the studio. This morning the plan was for me to wake up at 6:00am, go to the gym, get home by 10am, and work in the studio till I had to get out again for a meeting in the evening.
I woke up at 8:40am. :(
I really really need to get myself more organized. Grrrrrrrrr.
So I went in wanting to do as much as I could in a few hours before I had to come up and cook. And then my sewing machine gave me trouble. The thread was breaking and the stitches clumping...I don't know what the trouble was. Tried everything I knew - changed the thread, changed the bobbin tension - and this is post an oiling and cleaning session I did a few days ago. The machine worked beautifully on my last project and I can't understand why it would act up now. This of course, has happened before but I thought we were over that!
I also realized that I too was very tense. I wanted to finish as much as I could and so was a little stressed about it. I find that when I am worked up... errors are bound to happen. So I tried to keep calming myself down. I got some work done but the thread still kept breaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment