Friday, November 5, 2010

I finished my very first quilt today!

5th November 2010

I finished my very first quilt - for a lovely little girl called Aaria.
I'm really happy to see it all done.
And I am more aware than ever of how much better I need to get. This is the first time I quilted through and did the binding so the work is not as good as I'd like it to be. But then again, it is my first quilt. I'll get better.

For now, I am mighty pleased :)

It's a simple rail fence pattern.



Did the back with this lovely Peppa-Pig fabric that's really soft and very sweet.

8 comments:

  1. Carol, this is super! I am going to do a story on you for sure! Well done babe! Proud of you! Also going to put you on to someone in case you want to run courses :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thank you tina :)

    courses and story will need to wait! this is only my first quilt and there's soooo much that I need to work out.

    will keep you posted though.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really nice, I like the little pigs touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I love the pigs too! :) If I make one for you I'll try and find geese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please Please Please could you tell me where you found the peppa pig fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey... a market in Bangalore, India.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, is there an email that we can contact you on? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. you can mail me at carol(dot)shatananda(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete